Notes to Editors
- Independent research for this report was commissioned by MetLife and conducted in August and September 2016 among nationally representative samples of 1,006 retired people and 1,141 employed people aged 45-plus and among 107 specialist retirement advisers.
- The value of your client’s investment, and any income taken from it, can go down as well as up and they may get back less than they invested.
- The MetLife Secure Capital Option provides a guaranteed death benefit or amount at the end of a chosen term. If your clients switch out or cash in their investment before the end of this term, they will receive the underlying value of their investment.
- The MetLife Secure Income Option provides a guaranteed level of income for life and death benefit. If your clients switch out or cash in their investment they will receive the underlying value of their investment.
- Tax treatment depends on your clients individual circumstances and may be subject to change in the future, with or without notice.
The references to “MetLife” are general references to the group as a whole and not to specific entities within the group. MetLife in the UK comprises a number of different companies.
MetLife Europe d.a.c. is an Irish insurance company based in Dublin with Dirk Ostijn as Chief Executive Officer. MetLife Europe d.a.c. provides financial products into the UK via its UK branch, of which Dominic Grinstead is the branch manager.
MetLife Europe Services Limited is an Irish services company, which distributes MetLife Europe d.a.c.’s products to Independent Financial Advisers via its UK branch. Key personnel within the UK branch of MetLife Europe Services Limited are Simon Massey, Wealth Management Director, Tom Gaynor, Employee Benefits Director and Claire Oldstein, Marketing Director.
MetLife Europe d.a.c. (415123) and MetLife Europe Services Limited (472359) are incorporated in Ireland and are authorised by the Central Bank of Ireland and subject to limited regulation by the UK Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority. The registered address of both companies is 20 on Hatch, Lower Hatch Street, Dublin 2, Ireland and the UK branch address for both companies is One Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London E14 5AA. Website: http://www.metlife.co.uk
MetLife Europe d.a.c. is affiliated with US-based MetLife, Inc. (NYSE: MET), which through its subsidiaries and affiliates (“MetLife”), is one of the largest life insurance companies in the world. Founded in 1868, MetLife is a global provider of life insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management. Serving approximately 100 million customers, MetLife has operations in nearly 50 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East. For more information, visit www.metlife.com.